IDEAL FOR THE ADVANCED ARCHER WHO WANTS THE TOUGHEST WOODEN ARROW THEY CAN FIND.
If you are an archer with good form, and are ready to step up to the finest wooden arrows, these are the arrows you will find. If you are a tournament archer who shoots wooden arrows, these are the arrows you will eventually compete against. If you are a traditional archer or hunter, these are sleek, and pack a punch. See our broad heads.
Until now, arrows made like these were unobtainable anywhere. High carbon steel is flexible, not brittle. I searched for more than 15 years to find someone who could make these in matched sets out of high carbon steel. I have never seen 12 heads across an entire set that are an exact match by weight and workmanship. All black arrows come with these insert heads, which allow me to achieve my goal of making sets of bamboo arrows which are very tough and fly into a teacup at 20 yards if your form is good.
Years ago, I set out with a goal as an arrow smith is to make bamboo arrows which were TOUGH, and would group in a teacup if your archery form was consistent. What I didn’t know when I started this project, was that I was ALSO creating a wooden arrow which was almost indestructible.
Here is why:
By creating an arrow where the weakest point (The point where the arrow is most likely to fail under stress) is no longer in the wood, but in the back end of a high carbon (flexible steel, not brittle steel) you transfer the weakest point in the arrow FROM THE WOOD to the back of the head. As you can see, the head is damaged, but the rest of the arrow is still just fine! The head can usually be gently tapped back into alignment. Even the badly bent head in the photo below was back in my quiver the next day.
- After shooting into a piece of angle iron
- Replace with a new head
- After shooting into a 2X4 This can be tapped out straight.
Instructions on how to straighten or replace these heads can be found on BAMBOO ARROW UNIVERSITY.
Each BLACK ARROW comes with a brass collar which is custom fit to each arrow…BY ME. This brass collar adds great strength and durability to each arrow as you can see in the photos above.
- Extra large order of Brass Arrow Collars
- 12 matched bamboo black arrows on their first test shoot.
- Arrow information comes too.
As you would expect, EVERYTHING matches across the set. The heads, the spines, the weight…all of it.
Every set is made from scratch after your order is received (and paid for). They are CUSTOM made for you and the bow you will shoot them off of. For that reason, the more we know, the better we can match them to you and your bow. If you are certain about what you want, you may simply order them, but if you would like to have a conversation and some advice, that is ALWAYS welcomed. Just check the box on the order form…or better yet, call me.
- You may choose any length bamboo arrow up to 33 inches.
- All arrow points for my black arrows are HAND FORGED HIGH CARBON STEEL. They come in matched sets, and you may choose from 100 grain heads, 125 grain heads, 145 grain heads, 165 grain heads, and 190 grains.
- Your may choose round target heads which are legal on any range, armor piercing bodkin style heads, and legal hunting broadheads.
- You can upgrade these heads to FOLDED DAMASCUS STEEL HEADS if you wish. Damascus steel heads have been renowned as the toughest arrow heads for over 600 years.
- They come 3 fletched with black hen feathers and a purple cock feather. Upon request, I can substitute for white feathers.
- The nock is black.
You may order a U-FLETCH version of this if you want to fletch them yourself. The price is lower.
If you want to make your own from scratch, everything you need is at THE PARTS DEPARTMENT, including the bamboo arrow shafts with the brass collars already installed correctly.
CLICK HERE TO TELL US MORE ABOUT HOW TO GET THESE PERFECT FOR YOU!